Certifications & Conformity
Daikin Altherma has been awarded the prestigious Ecolabel certification. The European Ecolabel is a voluntary scheme, established in 1992 to encourage businesses to market products and services that are kinder to the environment. Products and services awarded the Ecolabel carry the flower logo, allowing consumers - including public and private purchasers - to identify them easily.
While the logo may be simple, the environmental criteria behind it are tough, and only the very best products, which are kindest to the environment, are entitled to carry the EU Ecolabel.
Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS)
Space Air and the product range 'Daikin Altherma' are fully MCS certified. The MCS certificates microgeneration technologies used to produce electricity and heat from renewable sources.
MCS has been developed to provide consumers with an assurance that microgeneration products and installation companies meet a robust set of standards.
ISO 14001 - Environmental Management Standard (EMS).
Space Air Limited have been recognised through the ISO 14001 - Environmental Management Standard (EMS). ISO 14001 is the internationally recognised standard for the environmental management of businesses. It prescribes controls for those activities that have an effect on the environment. These include the use of natural resources, handling and treatment of waste and energy consumption.
ISO 9001 - Quality Management Standard
Space Air Limited have also been recognised through the ISO 9001 - Quality Management Standard. ISO 9001 is the international standard for the quality management of businesses. It applies to the processes that create and control the products and services an organisation supplies, prescribes systematic control of activities to ensure that the needs and expectations of customers are met. It is also designed and intended to apply to virtually any product or service, made by any process anywhere in the world.
Daikin Altherma has been awarded the Solar Keymark Certification, the quality label for Solar Thermal products in Europe.
The Keymark is a quality mark developed by the European Committee for Standardisation (CEN-CENELEC). The Keymark shows that a product complies with the relevant EN standards. The Solar Keymark shows compliance with the standards EN 12975 (solar thermal collectors) or EN 12976 (factory made solar thermal systems), but even more: factory inspection and regular checks on serial production guarantee that the products sold are equivalent to those tested. The Solar Keymark has been developed by the European Solar Thermal Industry Federation (ESTIF), with the support of the European Commission.
Daikin Altherma is CE certified including Low Voltage (72.23EEC), Machinery Safety (98/37/EEC) & Electro Magnetic Compatibility (98/338/EEC).
Daikin Altherma is the most accredited air-to-water heat pump on the market and fully conforms to European & UK standards and regulations.
Daikin Altherma manufactured by Daikin Europe N V, complies with:
- Part L - heating guidance - heat pump systems section.
- BSEN14511 - 'Heat pumps with electrically driven compressors for space heating', the only acknowledged testing standard for heat pumps.
- BSEN15450 - Heating systems in buildings. Design of heat pump heating systems.
- BSEN15316 - Heating systems in buildings. Method for calculation of system energy.
Daikin Altherma should be installed and commissioned in accordance with:
- WRAS (Water Regulation Guide) 2nd edition Issue: 2000 and BSEN 806 'Specification for installations conveying water for human consumption'. Issue: 2012.
- Part G (Hot Water Storage) Building Regulations. Issue: 2010.
- BSEN14336 - 'Installation and commissioning of water based heating systems'. Issue: 2004.
- HVCA publications - 'Installation and testing of pipework systems' (TR/20) Issue 2003. 'Guide to good practice-heat pumps' (TR/30) Issue: 2007 and 'Domestic central heating installation specification'. (DCHI/1) Issue: 2004.
- Part P (Electrical Safety) Building Regulations. Issue 2010, and IE wiring regulations 'Requirements for Electrical Installation'.
- BSEN378 - 'Specification for refrigerating systems and heat pumps'. Issue: 2008.
- CITB/C&G certified, engineers to carry out the installation of refrigerant pipe work and handling and in accordance with F-Gas Regulation.